Exploring: The Cave of Joining

The weather remained warm and humid as I continued my explorations.  I borrowed one of the many little motor-boats and chugged around the riverway, exploring the nooks and crannies, admiring the jungle scenery. I was especially struck by the humming birds sipping nectar from a cascade of glorious blooms that tumbled down the cliff face.


I continued to explore and a brief while later spied a small landing-stage. I spotted a concealed entrance and went to explore.



The doorway opened to an underground chamber, and I hesitated at the sight of the many bleached bones scattered about the mossy floor.  Was this some terrible native sacrifical area?



As I explored deeper into the cave a figure emerged from the shadows. I stepped forward cautiously, checking to see if she posed a threat, and imagine my surprise when beams of light flooded from a gap in the roof above, illuminating hitherto hidden totems and highlighting the fur rug that lay invitingly in the centre of the circle.  Discretion forbids me from continuing my tale but, dear Reader, I can only urge you to seek out the pleasures that lie hidden in this chamber!


 Truly, the Amazon River never ceases to amaze!



Comments